What Ifá is not…
- Ifá is not an Association of “Religions”
- Ifá is not a “Traditional” or Cultural Association
- Ifá is not a Secret Society or Cult.
- Ifá is not a Confraternity.
- Ifá is neither a Traditional Religion nor is it limited to Africa.
- Ifá does not judge.
- Ifá does not favor anyone.
What Ifá is…
- Ifá is the Divine Message of Olodumare (Almighty) to mankind.
- Ifá is the Word of Olodumare.
- Ifá transcends all the cultures and traditions of all things – man, animals, plants, rocks, water, wind and fire.
- Ifá explains the basis for the existence of all things past, present and future.
- Ifá prescribes the spiritual.physical solution of all problems.
- Ifá is the first, oldest and truest religion of mankind.
- Orunmila, harbinger of the divine message of Olodumare (Ifá) is the first and truest guardian of universal secrets of existence.
- Orunmila, in all things spiritual and esoteric is the deputy of Olodumare.
- All Orisa worship and veneration are acceptable provided they are subservient to the worship of Olodumare as outline by Ifá Religion.
- No guidelines or signposts to salvation can lead to the path of divine truth except that outline by Orunmila.
- Ifá is impartial.
- Ifá is truth.
- Ifá is a religion of the Universe.
Ifá is the embodiment of the totality of human existence. Ejiogbe, 1:36, explains that Ifá is the basis for understanding the beginning and end of all things. Through Ifá the great mysteries of life are revealed. Only Ifá explicates the reasons for life, living death, sickness, success, failure, poverty, wealth, life before birth and life after death. Only Ifá reveals the spiritual basis for the reincarnation experience; why no living organism having sucked from the breast of mother nature, will fail to taste the bitter truth of death; why Orí is more important than religion; why we all chart a different path during our sojourn on planet Earth, and why sacrifice is pivotal to the lives of men of all races and all religions. Only Ifá tells it exactly as it is. In short, Ifá guides the life of man from cradle to grave.
Ifá is a religion of tolerance. The only religion on Earth that has never gone to war or mounted a Crusade of Jihad principally to kill fellow human beings in the millions in defense of the Almighty God, who did not ask for their lives.
Never the less, I believe that man will not merely endure, he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among all creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.
May the blessings of Olodumare be with you. Ase!
Tags: Ifá, understanding-ifa
I don’t agree with everything in this post, but you do make some very good points. Im very interested in this subject and I myself do alot of research as well. Either way it was a well thoughtout and nice read so I figured I would leave you a comment. Feel free to check out my website sometime and let me know what you think.
I’m glad you dropped by. Your comment is always encourage, and you do not have to always agree with me. Our differences is what makes us grow.
Hey this is a great post. I’m going to email this to my friends. I stumbled on this while surfing for some rock lyrics, I’ll be sure to visit regularly. thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your visit and your comments. Hope to see you again in the nearby future.
This is a good post, I stumbled across your article while looking for some downloads. Thanks for sharing, I’ll be sure to return regularly.
Thank you for your visit, and comments. I look forward to your future visits and comments. Feel free to comment about any related subject and or ask about any related topic.
I don’t agree with everything in this post, but you do make some very good points. Im very interested in this matter and I myself do alot of research as well. Either way it was a well thoughtout and nice read so I figured I would leave you a comment. Feel free to check out my website sometime and let me know what you think.
Just this week I found this site. thanks for the explanation. I am just a babe in the tradition, and I found your posts to be enlightening and easy to understand.
I’m glad you have found my site. Hope to “see” you soon.
Ogbó àtó Asure Ìwòrìwòfún.
Chief Awodele Ifayemi
Atunwase Awo of Ilobulan
Follow Me on: